plexpy after upgrade to Tautulli (plexpy 2) not starting

• Hello,

plexpy just updated to Version 2.0 (now called Tautulli). First everything seemed to work fine, but after a reboot of the NAS it's not starting anymore.

service Tautulli status gives me that:

● Tautulli.service
    Loaded: not-found (Reason: No such file or directory)
    Active: inactive (dead)

service plexpy status gives me that:

● plexpy.service - LSB: starts instance of Tautulli
    Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/plexpy)
    Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Mi 2018-03-14 22:32:29 CET; 10s ago
    Process: 14585 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/plexpy start (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Mär 14 22:32:29 omv plexpy[14585]: Tautulli: Could not create /var/run/tautulli/tautulli.pid, See , aborting. ... (warning).
    Mär 14 22:32:29 omv plexpy[14585]: chown: ungültiger Benutzer: „tautulli“
    Mär 14 22:32:29 omv plexpy[14585]: Tautulli: Could not create /opt/Tautulli, See , aborting. ... (warning).
    Mär 14 22:32:29 omv plexpy[14585]: chown: ungültiger Benutzer: „tautulli“
    Mär 14 22:32:29 omv plexpy[14585]: Tautulli: /opt/Tautulli not writable by tautulli for web-updates ... (warning).
    Mär 14 22:32:29 omv plexpy[14585]: Starting Tautulli:start-stop-daemon: user 'tautulli' not found
    Mär 14 22:32:29 omv plexpy[14585]: failed!
    Mär 14 22:32:29 omv systemd[1]: plexpy.service: control process exited, code=exited status=1
    Mär 14 22:32:29 omv systemd[1]: Failed to start LSB: starts instance of Tautulli.
    Mär 14 22:32:29 omv systemd[1]: Unit plexpy.service entered failed state.

any idea?

• i think it has to do with the program being called Tautulli now... I opened putty, then cd /opt/plexpy. When I type ls, it shows all the old plexpy files, and now also shows the Tautulli files. If I then run python Tautulli.py it will begin running the server, on its original port (8181), and I can access it just fine. As soon as I shut down putty however, it stops working. So, basically I think whatever script the built in plugin runs on startup needs to be changed to start the program Tautulli instead of PlexPy and then it would work fine. I need to keep digging until I find out what method the plug in uses to boot PlexPy at startup...

Edit: Until the pros can sort out an actual solution to integrate the new version of PlexPy (Tautulli) into OMV, I have come up with a temporary solution that is working for me for now... open Putty or whatever you use to connect via SSH and while logged in as "root", I did the following...

Code
    nano /etc/rc.local

then I typed

Code
    cd /opt/plexpy
    python Tautulli.py

then I hit CTRL+O to write out the file. Before doing this, my rc.local was blank. Now I exited putty and went into the OMV Web GUI and went to scheduled jobs. Here I added a job:

I saved, applied the configuration, and then rebooted. And wouldn't you know it, Tautulli is working again! It is running on its default port 8181, so I had to change my bookmark from 8182, but otherwise its running fine. I have noticed now that going back into nano /etc/rc.local the code I had written initially is no longer there, just some other scripting, but I don't care, it only worked when doing what I did in THAT specific order.

Until we get a fix, this should get everyone up and running...

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von corey5188 () aus folgendem Grund: Added my temporary fix

• I was running plexpy in a docker and had no problems running Tautulli in a docker instead.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Thank you very much, it worked for me too.
    I also tried to start Tautulli manually but did't realize that the port changed to the standard port.

I changed the port to 8182 in the Tautulli settings.

You mind sharing where the file/what the file is that you modified to put it on the 8182 port?

• I renamed /opt/plexpy to /opt/Tautulli and ran through the daemon setup again: https://github.com/Tautulli/Ta…as-a-daemon#linux-systemd

There are two commands which don't work for me on OMV v2.2.14 (Stone burner)

# 4. Enable boot-time autostart with the following commands:
    # systemctl daemon-reload
    # systemctl enable tautulli.service

-bash: systemctl: command not found

Can I accomplish the same without systemctl or how would I make make systemctl work?

• Those commands that do not work are valid on OMV 3 and up.

Look in /etc/init.d and see if you have an appropriate init command there.

Or you could run Tautulli in a docker.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Hi,

I wanted a small profile NAS and made a 2 x 2.5inch hdd along with a acrylic enclosure using raspberry pi. I added a switch to reboot if button is pushed for 3-7s and shutdown if button pushed for more than 8s using python script. Made some changes to weakref.py after errors trying to install rpi.gpio package. Thankfully, I manage to install rpi.gpio package and run the script.

If I ssh and run the script, it works perfectly. but I would like to run the script on boot. I tried adding "python3 /home/shutdown.py &" (also tried sudo python3 /home/shutdown.py &) in /etc/rc.local before exit 0 and also added in GUI scheduled job. However, the script does not run after reboot.

I also tried "cd /home; python3 /home/shutdown.py" in gui and also in rc.local. Failed to work too.

Any kind soul can offer some guidance. Thank you in advance!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!