Cannot mount external USB disk

• Hi,

I am trying to get my 'Data' disk mounted. My system OS resides on a Raspberry Pi 3B loaded on an MicroSD card. ( dont know if this is important - but after Etcher burned the image to the SD card, it failed to unmount the card - so I had to pull it out and put it in the server HW.).

But everything looked good as the server booted up. And I got to the admin web-GUI. So I have added one user (myself), and now want to mount the disk for storage (Toshiba Canvio Basics 3TB). I followed a guide to do it through the web-interface, but I get an error mounting the disk.

OK - it actually mounted. But when I go into S.M.A.R.T to configure the disk. I get the error that I think I saw also when trying to mount the disk yesturday. It reads like this:
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; smartctl -x '/dev/sda' -d sat 2>&1' with exit code '1': smartctl 6.4 2014-10-07 r4002 [armv7l-linux-4.9.41-v7+] (local build) Copyright (C) 2002-14, Bruce Allen, Christian Franke, http://www.smartmontools.org /var/lib/smartmontools/drivedb/drivedb.h(86): Syntax error in preset option string

So obviously something is wrong with the handling of my 3TB disk for storage.

Can anyone help please?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!