openmediavault-sensors

• Hi all !

I finished to configure my "new" NAS with OMV 4.x, and pretty happy with it.
    The only thing I miss now is some hardware information to monitor it.

First, I've tried to install omv-sensors v3.x but no chance... the scripts are looking for omv-mkgraph that it cannot find.
    I think it's surely not a big thing to upgrade the plugin, and I've tried to look at it at https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…rs/openmediavault-sensors but clearly, I'm not good enough to do the job. But I can help to test it without a problem.

Second... It would be nice to have more hardware info on the Dashboard, like disks and motherboard temp and, fan speed. So that you could check your NAS health at a glance.
    At the moment, I must use 2 ssh terminal to monitor this in real time with hddtemp and sensors packages.

Bash
    # watch -n 1 hddtemp /dev/sdb /dev/sdc /dev/sdd /dev/sde /dev/sdf /dev/sdg /dev/sdh
    /dev/sdb: SAMSUNG MZ7LN512HCHP-0001L: 31°C
    /dev/sdc: WDC WD20EZRX-00DC0B0: 37°C
    /dev/sdd: WDC WD20EZRX-00DC0B0: 38°C
    /dev/sde: WDC WD20EZRX-00DC0B0: 39°C
    /dev/sdf: WDC WD20EZRX-00DC0B0: 36°C
    /dev/sdg: ST2000DM001-1ER164: 38°C
    /dev/sdh: ST2000DM001-1ER164: 36°C

So, openmediavault-sensors is desperatly needed, and I would glad to help in any way that I can to make it nice and work.

Cheers,

(Something is missing ;) )

Lian Li PC-V354 (with Be Quiet! Silent Wings 3 fans)
    ASRock Rack x470D4U | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Crucial 16GB DDR4 2666MHz ECC | Intel x550T2 10Gb NIC

1 x ADATA 8200 Pro 256MB NVMe for System/Caches/Logs/Downloads
    5 x Western Digital 10To HDD in RAID 6 for Datas
    1 x Western Digital 2To HDD for Backups

Powered by OMV v5.6.26 & Linux kernel 5.10.x

• What I did to get the sensors plugin partially working on OMV 4 was to install the 3.x sensors plugin and take a copy of omv-mkgraph from a backup copy of OMV 3.x I have and place it where the sensors plugin expects to find it.

Still, some of the sensors that did work in my old OMV 3.x do not work in OMV 4.x. Only the CPU temperature stuff works.

The problem with the sensor plugin as I see it is that there is a huge number of different motherboards in use with widely varying chip sets on them. This makes it difficult to maintain the plugin, as it would have to be updated very frequently when the hardware vendors introduce new motherboards. In my use case the plugin was never fully functional as it did not understand the chipset's implementation of fan speed reporting.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Update is something I can help and deal with if the plugin is running and someone tells me where to put the new ref... ;)

Lian Li PC-V354 (with Be Quiet! Silent Wings 3 fans)
    ASRock Rack x470D4U | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Crucial 16GB DDR4 2666MHz ECC | Intel x550T2 10Gb NIC

1 x ADATA 8200 Pro 256MB NVMe for System/Caches/Logs/Downloads
    5 x Western Digital 10To HDD in RAID 6 for Datas
    1 x Western Digital 2To HDD for Backups