LSI SAS9220-8i / IBM ServeRaid M1015 SMART Data

• OMV 3.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• LSI SAS9220-8i / IBM ServeRaid M1015 SMART Data

I am currently setting up my OMV server under ProxMox with the HBA card passed through directly, which seems to be working fine.

The card was flashed to IT mode a long time ago.

I plan to use SnapRAID and mergerfs.

I've been looking around for a definitive method for getting SMART data to properly show up in OMV, but there doesnt seem to be a clear guide.

Is it possible to do this, or should I look into purchasing a different card to properly do this correctly, if so, any reccomendations would be appreciated.
      OMV 4.1.4 Arrakis | 34TB SnapRAID+MergerFS
      Supermicro X10SLM+-F| Xeon E3-1285L | 16gb ECC Ram | LSI SAS9220-8i
      5 x 8TB WD Red | 2x 3TB WD Red | 128gb Samsung 830 EVO
    • I'm guessing the 9220 is very similar to the 9211 and I have the 9211 flashed with IT firmware. The smart data should be the same as if you had each drive connected individually to a sata port on the motherboard. While I'm not passing the card through, I am passing through each drive (rdm on vmware) and can see smart status.
      omv 4.1.9 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.9
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • Thanks for the response!

I have no SMART data inside of OMV, the tab shows the following:

[IMG:https://i.imgur.com/r2gSdxZ.png]

I am able to read SMART data in Proxmox if the drives aren't passed through, but not in OMV once they are.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Jonatron ().

• Then there is probably an issue with how you passed the pci-e card through in proxmox. I always found that to be a painful part of proxmox.

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
    • I've had a fiddle around with the settings, and it seems like if I add the =rombar line, this causes the system to be unable to read the smart data, however if I don't have this line I have the following error on startup:

[IMG:https://i.imgur.com/Fbb82Bn.png]

Pressing any key allows the OS to still load and SMART data is available, but what could be causing this?
    • Some bios versions are better than others for 9211. I don't have the latest bios for this reason.

• Users Online 1

1 Guest