"Can't share user home directories because they are not enabled."

• I'm setting up an OMV 4 server for my parent's home network. Everything seems to be working pretty well, except I can't seem to enable Home Directories in the UI--whenever I click Enable and Accept, I get the error message "Can't share user home directories because they are not enabled."

I did some googling and found a couple of references that seemed to suggest it was related to home directories being on the system drive? Is that the problem or something unrelated? If so, can I download the symlinks plugin and redirect /home to the data drive, or will I need to relocate all of the /home entries in the passwd file?

Thanks for the help! Nice distro BTW--I am able to completely saturate a 1g network with RAID10 writes over SMB

• Before I could enable Home directories for SMB/CIFS (Click SMB/CIFS -> "Settings" tab -> Home Directories -> Enable), I had to first enable home directories in Access Rights Management -> User -> "Settings" tab -> User Home directory -> Enable.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!