Harddrive broken

• Hello everybody,

I have sat on a HDD HDD OMV. Now I have paid the system and installed it on another hard drive. Unfortunately, my Windows PC does not recognize the first hard drive anymore. I can not even pre-format her. Windows seems to regard the hard drive as an optical drive. Ask for your help.

Greetings Yannic3008

Hallo zusammen,

ich habe auf einer HDD Festplatte OMV istalliert. Jetzt habe ich das System geklohnt und auf eine anderen Festplatte installiert. Jetzt erkennt nur leider mein Windows PC die erste Festplatte nicht mehr. Ich kann sie nichtmal vormatieren. Windows scheint die Festplatte als Optischeslaufwerk anzusehen. Bitte um eure Hilfe.

Liebe Grüße Yannic3008

• If you DO NOT have any data on the drive you can run diskpart and clear it that way

Click to open windows menu (or just press windows logo button on the keyboard)
    Type in Diskpart
    When the window opens wait for the DISKPART>
    After DISKPART> type in list disk, you will see a list of your disks
    Type in "select disk 2 or 3" depending on the number the disk shows up under, it will say that disk is selected. BE VERY CAREFUL NOT TO SELECT THE WRONG DRIVE!!!!!!
    Type in "clean", wait for it to be done.
    Format the drive in windows under Computer Menagement

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!