Issues using unionfs after installation of 3.x

• So I had an openmediavault 2.x system with a mergerfs pool setup using unionfs plugin. I decided to do a fresh install to openmediavault 3.x. I wiped the OS drive and installed 3.x . However I didnt unsetup the drive pool before I did this...

Now I went into OMV 3.x and installed the unionfs plugin and when I go to ADD in the plugin to add a pool, no drives appear in the list and I get this error:

Are my previous drives recoverable? Is there anything you guys recommend I do?

• The Union File Systems plugin using mergerfs doesn't touch your hard drives. It just presents them under one or more single mount points.

Before you can use that plugin you have go to Storage | Disks and then press the Scan button to add all your drives into OMV.

Then go to Storage | File Systems and make sure they all mounted.

Then you can go back to the Union File Systems plugin and add your drives.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Remember that clear browser cache step. This comes up all the time around here.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• @gderf, is there anything special required to release all drives from a union and delete it?I tried to simply delete the union, without removing the drives first, but it wouldn't, um, go away.. :)

I noticed an entry in fstab for the union, along with the parameters for fill, etc. Is that the only configuration change unionfs makes, an entry in fstab?)

Thanks.

I don't use the UFS plugin myself, so I don't have any answers about what you are seeing. I set mine up by making the manual entries in ftsab outside of the [openmediavault] section.

I don't know what happens in OMV if you remove the applicable fstab entries by hand but didn't first remove all share references to the mountpoint in OMV. I would expect confusion.

--

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!