Colored CLI

• I want the ls to be colored, and I've uncommented the options, but it doesn't' work.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

• You are making changes to the root users .bashrc - are you logging in as root? If so, have you logged out and logged in again?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• If you make changes to root's .bashrc, then those changes only apply when root logs in.

If you want that behavior in you own user account, then create a .bashrc in your home directory.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• What are the ownership and permissions on the file?

Did you log out after saving the file and log back in?

Here's what's in mine for ls colorization:

--

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gderf ()

• I would change the ownership of that file to be that of the user:group it will be used by, although it should already be readable by anyone.

Exactly how are you editing that file?

--

• How did the ownership of that .bashrc get to be root:root?

Weren't you logged in as an ordinary user when you created that file in that user's home directory?

--

• If you were logged is as a non root user, created a new file and it wound up being owned by root, then something is wrong with your system.

--

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!