Network Issues - no internet connection after using new router (propably DNS?)

• Hi everybody

Since a few days, I have a new router, a Fritzbox in my home network. I didn't realzie at first, but it seems like my OMV installation on a Dell PowerEdged T20, doesn't have access to the internet anymore.

To be clear, I only assume the new router is the issue, the connection issue might have been there even a few days earlier.

How I realized was, that one evening my Plex playback on an amazon Fire TV crashed and I couldn't get access to my OMV anymore, I had to turn it of the hard way. Next day I checked and I could access it again in my network, Plex is running again to. But services like jdownloader and deluge (web ui is available, just doesn't download anaything) aren't working anymore. So I checked the update list and found a lot of open packages. When tried updating, I received an error: "The package couldn't be authenticated...failure resolving..."

So it smelled like a wrong DNS config to me, so I modified the only network interface set up in OMV to the new DNS address. Unfortunately still without any success for updating packages.

Also, when I try to use certain services, for example the Diagnose > System information tool, I receive another error. Again, sbon couldn't get executed because the hostname couldn't be resolved.

Does anaybody have an idea what's going on, what do to? You propably guessed it already, I'm not a linux crack.

Any help is appreciated!

fedarius

• Now I can't event login into the web interface anymore.

Code
    exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; hostname --fqdn 2>&1' with exit code '1': hostname: Name or service not known' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/net/dns.inc(46): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array)
    #1 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(121): OMV\System\Net\Dns::getFqdn()
    #2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(95): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)
    #6 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    #7 {main}

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!