nginx websites plugin - 502 Bad Gateway

• Hello,

I am trying to set up an addition website with the above named plugin.
    Bit I only receive

Code
    502 Bad Gateway

with the respective port,
    with the following error-message at the GUI:

Does anybody have an idea what is going wrong?

Regards, Tomte.

• Hello,

thanks for your feedback!!
    OMV webGUI still works.
    Yes, your're right. I have not configured any pool.
    I was not aware, that it is necessary. Is there a documentation for this plugin?
    I have not found one at omv-extras.

I added now a pool config - now it works, almost.

The website/php program I am trying to host is complaining:
    It wants to change "config/config.php"! Where is this file?
    How do I do this? Do I need to choose an admin user for the pool? Should I define a special user? How?
    Even though I trust this software, this looks like a severe security flaw to me.
    Regards, Tomte

• Hello subzero79,

thanks again for your fast response.
    It certainly is a permission error. It is running an installation procedure during the first start and complaining that it cannot change the file.
    I would grant the rights, if I knew where the file is exactly located.
    Is is a globally shared config, also for the OMV GUI, or a specific one?
    Is it normal an save to define a user with admin rights for the php programs?

Regards, Tomte

• Offizieller Beitrag

Omv ui for example runs through a php sock as root for obvious reasons. Depends if what you want the application to do. You’re asking me where a configuration file of a software you downloaded is in your server? How can I know that?

If you selected a shared folder as root folder for nginx then that folder should be either at /srv/ where all disks are mounted or at /sharedfolders/sharedfoldername

Both locations can be accessed through ssh as there is no built in file explorer. You can also use the acl button for shared folder to change ownership of a shared folder recursively.

• Hello,

now I got you, it is a local config file of the software - yes your're right, found it, changed it.
    I though it would be a central config file somewhere below /etc or so.

Thank you, fixed it!

Regards, Tomte

• Hi,
    I am having this 502 bad gateway problem and have left the php-fpm pool selection as none. But there is no other pool in the pull down menu to select.

I do not what the php-fpm pool actually is - does OMV allow me to set one up? I am not sure which directory to put the file in if I need to set one up.

I find that php does not seem to work and assume from this thread that I need to select a php-fpm pool that includes some user info?

Please help. I only recently set up my new OMV system and am not having much success. (docker does not seem to work either)

Regards, Robert

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!