OMV WebInterface "Communication Failure" when trying to list S.M.A.R.T. values

• Hey guys, I'm getting the following error when trying to list my S.M.A.R.T. values (Storage -> S.M.A.R.T. -> Devices): "communication failure" after ~30 seconds. This is probably caused by an incorrectly set PHP or JS timeout value. I tried to change some values in several configs (mostly PHP) but this did not solve my issue. Maybe some of you know which config to adjust in order to get this problem solved :)

Thanks in advance!

• This is a common issue in OMV. You will find serveral similar threads in the forum. Often it is caused by time consuming operations of storage devices or if the CPU is fully utilized.
    Sorry, but there is nothing to adjust, which will work reliable. I would also look for such a solution.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Offizieller Beitrag

This gets worst when using USB disks during a data transfer (rsync), i've tested this in rock board in my backup server.

The command smartctl -x (extended information) takes too much time.

@votdev could it be possible that the smart information retrieved (that is then cached for the info windows) to use smartctl -a instead of -x, then the extended information tab will have to show information using a different method (or same one with different parameter) that will take some time to load obviously. Just an idea

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!