no web gui & password issues = majorly stressed out

• Hi All,

I built an OMV 2 months ago, set it all up and everything was working great. I had access to CLI, web GUI.

Fast forward to yesterday when i had a power cut. I booted up and all i get on web gui is "it works..." which is the default apache web server screen.

After a lot of searching on the forum i knew i had to stop the apache services due to an add i must of installed. This is were the stress begins. I cannot login to the CLi locally on the omv. I know the root password is set on installation and i know that i set it to a specific password however i cannot log in. Before all you lot state that I must have forgot the password i can assure you i havent as i recorded it in my personal password store. i cannot login using root or admin on the CLi.

i dont want to rebuild it. any suggestions?

• Boot from a LiveCD to get access to the "/" partition.
    • Then, mount the partition where you have Debian's "/" (root directory),
    • Then change directory to /mnt/etc
    • Used nano as an editor to edit the file shadow.
    • Find the line starting with root: (or another username)
    • Delete everything between the first and second colons (:), and the line will now look like:

root::$6$fsdsdgdsg74.:14862:0:99999:7:::

• Reboot and login as root (or another username as used above) without a password.
    • At the end use passwd to set a new password for the root account (or passwd username to change any account password).
    • Reboot and login as root with the new root password.
    • Boot from a LiveCD to get access to the "/" partition.
    • Then, mount the partition where you have Debian's "/" (root directory),
    • Then change directory to /mnt/etc
    • Used nano as an editor to edit the file shadow.
    • Find the line starting with root: (or another username)
    • Delete everything between the first and second colons (:), and the line will now look like:

root::$6$fsdsdgdsg74.:14862:0:99999:7:::

• Reboot and login as root (or another username as used above) without a password.
    • At the end use passwd to set a new password for the root account (or passwd username to change any account password).
    • Reboot and login as root with the new root password.

Thank you very much. I will give this a go tonight or tomorrow night after work.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!