Rsync, synchronisation between 2 folders

• OMV 4.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Rsync, synchronisation between 2 folders

Hi,
      I’ve configured Rsync with a source and destination folder, it works fine.
      Now I want a other solution, complete synchronisation between folder1 and folder2.
      If I change something in folder2, it automatic sync with folder1. And If I change something in folder1, it automatic sync with folder2.

Rsync copy’s only from source to destination. If I make a change in the destination folder, that change is not syncing with the source.

Is this possible with Rsync, or should I use another plugin for this?

Thanks.
    • It's possible. You'd need to do two Rsync jobs, for copying both ways. Alternate the source and destination in these jobs and set the time, when they run, so they don't run at the same time.

Whether or not, you'd want the "Delete" option turned ON, on one end or both ends, would require some thought.

Video Guides :!: New User Guide :!: Docker Guides :!: Pi-hole in Docker
      Good backup takes the "drama" out of computing.