Error installing OMV Extras Plugin

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Error installing OMV Extras Plugin

Hello community,

I wanted to install the OMV Extras Plugin by following the steps on omv-extras.org/joomla/index.php/guides

After uploading, I clicked on "Install" in my Web-GUI and get the following error:

Source Code

1. Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; export DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive; apt-get --yes --force-yes --fix-missing --allow-unauthenticated --reinstall install openmediavault-omvextrasorg 2>&1' with exit code '100': Reading package lists...
      2. Building dependency tree...
      3. Reading state information...
      4. Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
      5. requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
      6. distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
      7. or been moved out of Incoming.
      8. The following information may help to resolve the situation:
      9. The following packages have unmet dependencies:
      10. openmediavault-omvextrasorg : Depends: openmediavault (>= 4.0.4) but it is not going to be installed
      11. E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
      Display All
      I used openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all4.deb and my system is

Source Code

1. root@openmediavault:~# uname -a
      2. Linux openmediavault 4.9.0-0.bpo.4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.51-1~bpo8+1 (2017-10-17) x86_64 GNU/Linux

I just set up my NAS a few days ago and didn't do much with it, so I'm wondering why my system is already unstable.

Thank you for your suggestions!

BR,
      Philipp
    • You used the plugin for OMV 4.x on a 3.x install. That is why you are having problems.

Execute the following as root:

wget -O - http://omv-extras.org/install | bash
      omv 4.1.11 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.11
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • This has helped, thank you a lot!

A quick follow up question (in case you are familiar with the LUKS plugin):

I can't select any devices when trying to add a new encrypted partition. My HDD shows up under "Physical Disks" as /dev/sdb, but I cant see it when creating an encrypted device. I also can't see any partition that I've created and mounted with this disk.

Any idea?

BR,
      Philipp
    • PhilippMurry wrote:

in case you are familiar with the LUKS plugin
      I maintain it.

Did you try wiping it in the physical disks tab?
      omv 4.1.11 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.11
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • Hi,

There's one more issue coming up:

When I mount the shared folders via NFS, the file+group owner of the mounted directories are shown as root.

But in the OMV WebGUI, I can see that all shared folders have the correct username as owner (philipp).

How can this happen? Sometimes it works btw and everything is mounted as philipp...

I mount it without additional options, just

Source Code

1. mount nfs:/Dir ./Dir

BR,
      Philipp