Forked-daapd setup for Apple TV 4k

• Hi all, I’m trying to set up forked-daapd so my Apple TV 4k can see OMV as an itunes server using Home Sharing. I’ve searched all over the place for documentation/answers including OMV forums so sorry if I missed something. Some people seem to have got it working, although there seem to be issues with connections dropping out. I can’t even get my Apple TV to see OMV.

One issue could be that the Apple TV is looking for a computer (or presumably an itunes server?) with the same Apple ID (user id) as the one used on Apple TV. How do I specify the Apple ID in forked-daapd? I tried putting the Apple ID as the Library Name in the forked-daapd config screen in the OMV UI but that didn’t work. Note that I did not have include any switches or other syntax, just the Apple ID, so maybe the Library Name parameter needs some correct syntax to work? Or maybe I need to edit a config file somewhere?

All help welcome!

Cheers,
    Scott

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!