MySQL service not starting (MariaDB issue)

• I did an upgrade to the new 4.1.1-1 (with Kernel 3.2.0-4-686-pae). After the customization of the python file (errors und apt-get update) nearly every thing is working more than well (better as with 3.x). Just MySQL is making trouble. It does not start itself and starting it manually gives me the following error:

Code
    root@openmediavault:/var/lib/mysql# service mysql start
    Job for mariadb.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
    See "systemctl status mariadb.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
    root@openmediavault:/var/lib/mysql#

systemctl is showing this:

For me it seems to be an issue with MariaDB (10.1) and the option "NO_NEW_PRIVILEGES". I have googled a lot and many times it is mentioned to update the kernel. I did that via the OMV-Extras Plugin and selected
    "Debian GNU/Linux, with Linux 4.14.0-0.bpo.3-686-pae"
    as default. But on every reboot the old one
    "Debian GNU/Linux, with Linux 3.2.0-4-686-pae"
    is used again. My server is headless so I do not see any infos, errors or the grub-menu on startup.

One strange thing: when i start mysqld just by typing "mysqld -v" it starts up and is working. It does not give any helpful error messages.

Does anyone have the same issues? can someone give me a hint how to force boot with the new kernel and if this solved the problem?

Thanks in advance,
    quark007

• Is that topic tooo specific?
    At least I would like to use the new kernel. Maybe it also solves the mysql issue. Does anyone have experience on changing the kernal and solving issues with it?

• Ok, I got the point why it was not working: it is my special setup.

I have a HP ProLiant Microserver, that is not able to boot directly from ODD-Devices (as the HDDs have lower ids in the SATA-Contor. That is why I used the workaround with an SD-Card (which can be configured as first boot device) where grub is running to boot from SSD. On all updates only the SSD-grub is updated, but the SD-Card grub was still the old one.

With this tutorial (https://www.hardwareluxx.de/co…3207-81.html#post22905333) I ran my setup steps again an now everything is working as desired.

I hope no one else is having that trouble....

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!