Transmission update

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hello, just wondering if we can expect an update to the plugin for Erasmus due to cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2018-5702

Strangely enough even in the unstable branch, 2.92 is the latest. I just wasn't sure if one of the plugin handlers might make a PPA or something.

The plugin doesn't determine the version of transmission. It just depends on the transmission package from the Debian repos. So, if Debian updates it, it will get updated. That said, that plugin (and the other downloader plugins) are most likely not going to be maintained in OMV 4.x+. Moving to using docker and the docker plugin is the way to go and will make it easier to get a newer version of transmission.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• That said, that plugin (and the other downloader plugins) are most likely not going to be maintained in OMV 4.x+. Moving to using docker and the docker plugin is the way to go and will make it easier to get a newer version of transmission.

Sad to hear that... I'm not a huge fan of the 'docker way'.

Lian Li PC-V354 (with Be Quiet! Silent Wings 3 fans)
    ASRock Rack x470D4U | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Crucial 16GB DDR4 2666MHz ECC | Intel x550T2 10Gb NIC

1 x ADATA 8200 Pro 256MB NVMe for System/Caches/Logs/Downloads
    5 x Western Digital 10To HDD in RAID 6 for Datas
    1 x Western Digital 2To HDD for Backups

Powered by OMV v5.6.26 & Linux kernel 5.10.x

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm not a huge fan of the 'docker way'.

Any reason? I don't have a problem with the downloader plugins but I don't use any of them. So, I don't want to maintain them and I wouldn't be good at testing them anyway. Using docker really help stay up to date with the version of the downloader service which everyone seems to want but don't get with Debian repos. I also like the idea that they are sandboxed from system especially the ones that have a huge dependency list.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I can hear and understand your point of view, and what surprise me most recently is the fact that the plugins are abandoned... to be replaced by Docker.
    Maybe some users can help to finalize/test them... I found Docker an easy way to go, and I don't want to see OMV been just a Web GUI of Debian... else I just can install a simple Debian server.
    Plugins are a must have for OMV, and I can imagine the works behind it... but don't go the easy way please.

By the time of OMV v2.x, I used to test the plugin that Marcel Beck developped, cause even if I not good enough at PHP, I can help in other ways. I have also made the 99% of the French Translation of OMV and plugins at that time.
    I miss the Greyhole plugin for example which is for me, a nice feature for a NAS if you have multiple size disks... :(

For the transmission plugin and transmission in itself, we are in v2.92 while the last is 2.93. If you want the last one, you can always download the .deb package and install it, no doubt the plugin will continue to run nicely.

Just my feeling...

Lian Li PC-V354 (with Be Quiet! Silent Wings 3 fans)
    ASRock Rack x470D4U | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Crucial 16GB DDR4 2666MHz ECC | Intel x550T2 10Gb NIC

1 x ADATA 8200 Pro 256MB NVMe for System/Caches/Logs/Downloads
    5 x Western Digital 10To HDD in RAID 6 for Datas
    1 x Western Digital 2To HDD for Backups