Error using Remote Mount

• Hello everybody,

I am just playing around with OMV4.x in a VM (Virtualbox) just to be pepared when Stone burner runs out of service.
    But still are having problems with 'Remote Mount' and CIFS mount from the Web Gui. All I get is this error:

This is the result in fstab from the 'Remote Mount' plugin:

//192.168. xx.yy/music /srv/b188a175-7634-4c38-83a2-368157dda178 cifs credentials=/root/.cifscredentials-574c0bad-b735-452e-97e5-2c239fee2cfb,_netdev,iocharset=utf8 0 0

Just as a reference, I did the same with a virtual OMV2.x Installation and this works well under same condition.
    The share itself comes from a living OMV-baremetal server. Settings are ok, also same user name and password.
    Why is it telling Host is down? The Host is up and working!

Where is the (or my) error?

Why is there no option in the 'Remote Mount' to choose the 'Shared Folder', like in the old 'Remote Shares' plugin?
    There are only options for 'Server', 'Share', 'user name' and 'password' for the server, but no option for 'shared folder --- select a shared folder' on client side?

Thanks
    Erik

• Got it.
    Had nothing to do with typos. For unknown reason VirtualBox blocks the mount for the virtual OMV4.

I was able to mount a share from the PC where Virtualbox runs on.
    But it is not possible to mount a share from another server, although I could ping the server from the CL. I tried this with three different devices, all in the same subnet.
    Strange, as a virtual OMV2 exact in the same Virtual Box does not show this behaviour.

Why are there no more shared folder?
    I liked the option to move the share folder away from the system-disk, for some reason under OMV2. Now its sticked again on my start drive.
    Can I manually adjust this in the fstab or will it be overwritten a next start?

Anyway, thanks for help.
    The clear statement that 'Host down' menas really 'Host down' helped me to circle the error.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!