Unwanted automatic RAID configuration?

• Good morning all,

Having brought a Dell PowerEdge T310 a few weeks ago that failed to meet my requirements miserably (well, the Perc 6/i card specifically), I decided to go back to basics as I am going to be a very basic NAS user!

I dug out an old 775 board I had kicking around (Bad Axe 2 anyone?) because it has 8 SATA ports, unfortunately 4 of those rely on a Marvell RAID chipset that I just could NOT get to work on any flavour of Linux.

So I turned off those 4 ports in the BIOS & brought a cheap SATA III card (Syba SI-PEX40064) running on the Marvell 88SE9215 chipset (yes I know, it's cheap & nasty, but it works...)

Now, this is NOT a RAID card, in any way shape or form, it's purely pass-through.

I currently have the boot drive (64GB SSD) running off it as well as an old 150GB Raptor X (complete with translucent top window so you can see all the gubbins whizzing around! Ahh memories...) for testing.

OS drive is, as you would expect, /dev/sda

However, any other drive I configure seems to insist on being software RAID through MDADM, mounting the Raptor X as /dev/md126

Is there any way around this? I really don't want anything to do with RAID in any way, software or otherwise.

::EDIT::

Ok, you can ignore ALL of the above. After powering the system off, connecting a third drive (os + two test disks) and booting up again, the two test disks are now detecting normally as /dev/sdb and /dev/sdc

Well, that was weird. :huh:

Sui

OMV 4.x - ASUS P10S-X - Xeon E3-1220 v6 - 64GB ECC Crucial DDR4 2400MHz - Syba SI-PEX40064 SATA3 Card - 60GB Kingston SSD Boot Drive - 3x WD RED 4TB

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Sui_Generis ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!