NAS low power consumed

• Offizieller Beitrag

Nice case. Any power consumption numbers?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Can you show output of the following two commands:

Code
    lsusb
    smartctl -a /dev/sdb

• They both = 138 W

The drive enclosure seems to implement staggered spin-up since otherwise it would need a 12V/10A PSU and I would believe your real idle consumption is around 50% of the above number? Still not really 'low power' but at least your drive enclosure seems to support SMART. Sometimes with those JMicron SATA port multipliers (JMS539 is such a thing) SMART data for 2nd to last disk is partially faked (depends on the firmware). I hope you use the enclosure in JBOD mode?

• The drive enclosure seems to implement staggered spin-up since otherwise it would need a 12V/10A PSU and I would believe your real idle consumption is around 50% of the above number? Still not really 'low power' but at least your drive enclosure seems to support SMART. Sometimes with those JMicron SATA port multipliers (JMS539 is such a thing) SMART data for 2nd to last disk is partially faked (depends on the firmware). I hope you use the enclosure in JBOD mode?

ok :saint:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!