Share remote mounts over samba

• Hello,
    I have rclone installed on my OMV, through rclone, I have a fuse-mounted google drive in /mnt/gdrive mountpoint.
    I would like to share this mountpoint further through cifs/samba. With SSHFS this works like a charm, but I would like to have this also windows friendly.

Is it possible? You cannot create a normal shared folder since that folder requires device etc. I did not test it, but Iam confident that this should be possible through the cifs daemon and just gui does not support it. But since OMV gui is tightly tied to the smb.conf file I dont know how to go about it.

I know rclone has a windows build and can think of reasons why it might be better to have an rclone instance on each computer. But since there is also some encryption related in rclone and I have also some other reasons. I would like to be able to make it a normal share for other computers.

Thanks for any suggestions!

• Offizieller Beitrag

You could create shared folder and then bind mount it to your remote mount. Otherwise, create a file (probably named 21remote) in /usr/share/openmediavault/mkfconf/samba.d/ to create your share every time there is a change to samba.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• You could create shared folder and then bind mount it to your remote mount. Otherwise, create a file (probably named 21remote) in /usr/share/openmediavault/mkfconf/samba.d/ to create your share every time there is a change to samba.

Thank you!

• You could create shared folder and then bind mount it to your remote mount.

Hi,

I have a similar scenario. I read the above but not sure how to do this.
    Can anyone help with a step by step example? (how to create share folder and bind mount it via cli)

Thanks

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!