How to install Rsnapshot within docker?

• Hi.

ryecoaaron suggests me to try Docker for my plugins when I change to OMV 4. I just started a testing VM with OMV 4. I am totaly new to Docker.

Presently with OMV 3 I have installed rsnapshot as plugin to backup 2 important directories to another computer. The directory where I copy them is connected via RemoteMount. This works fine.

Now I want to do this with the rsnapshot docker. I installed Docker and the rsnapshot docker is also installed. But now I don't know how to proceed further. How can I select a directory for backup, how can I select the destination and so on.

Is there somebody willing to explain it, to put in a small guide for me and perhaps some other don't know how to do this?

Thanks a lot.

Regards lulu

• Offizieller Beitrag

While I suggested using docker for some of the plugins, I didn't mean all of them. rsnapshot is one plugin I would not use a docker for.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!