Shares are not being added to smb.conf

• Hi!
    I have just finished setting up omv on a WDMC NAS. As it turned out, the shares I added are unavailable. I checked the /etc/samba/smb.conf file and the "Share Definitions" section is emtpy:

I've recorded a video of the GUI as the config file is too long to paste here:

https://www.useloom.com/share/…b665147b8bc783d60b7e0d819

Any ideas what may cause that issue? Another problem I have is that my users cannot log in via SSH. As I do not assume that there is any connection between these problems, I have opened a separate thread for that.

• Thanks heaps! I obviously did not remember that! However, it still does not work as I run into another problem now. The share now is visible on Windows and Linux clients, however, I can connect but I get a "permission denied" error when trying to write to the share. I assume that I need to adjust the ACL settings which proves to be impossible. Whenever I try to save my settings I get an error message like this:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; setfacl --remove-all -M '/tmp/setfaclps17no' -- '/srv/dev-disk-by-id-ata-WDC_WD60EFRX-68L0BN1_WD-WX21DA6JXF2H-part2/media' 2>&1' with exit code '1': setfacl: /srv/dev-disk-by-id-ata-WDC_WD60EFRX-68L0BN1_WD-WX21DA6JXF2H-part2/media: Operation not supported

See attached screen shot.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!