Guide to use plexmedia server step by step?

• Is there a guide on how to install and utilize the plexmedia server? I have a smart TV and it has the plex app. I want to be able to stream movies from a folder that I have connected to my raspberry pi running OMV.

• Your best bet going forward would be to run Plex in a docker.

The Plex.tv forums https://forums.plex.tv/ will offer more and quicker support than you find here.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Is there a guide on how to install and utilize the plexmedia server? I have a smart TV and it has the plex app. I want to be able to stream movies from a folder that I have connected to my raspberry pi running OMV.

I can help you with the Docker installation of Plex here. As far as how to actually use the app, as @gderf said, you'd be better off asking at the Plex site or just watching some youtube tutorials.

Edit: Don't expect good (or possibly even acceptable) performance using only the Smart TV Plex app. You can use it to test out, but pretty quickly you'll probably want to buy a dedicated device with better hardware specs for a significantly improved experience.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!