Best way to shunt around disks? (need to rebuild OpSys drives)

• I've just gone from an N40L to an N54L (due to a dead PSU).
    Moved all the drives as is, and OMV started fine - this is good.

My data is on a RAID-1, as is my boot drive.

I've then swapped out my data drive from the 500GB drives they were on, to 2 x 1TB drives - that worked (pull old drive, plug new drive, rebuild - repeat with other drive). Reboots all working.

I've tried to do this with the OpSys drive, but have run afoul of the old disks being 512KB sectors, versus 4096K on the new 1TB drives - trying to boot results in a black screen with a flashing cursor - no OMV screen. Putting the old drives back in works again.

So, to save much argument, I suspect the easiest thing to do is re-install OMV on the new disks, but I have forgotten a couple of things...

a) If I rebuild the system disks, how do I reattach my data mirror? (I would remove the physical disks before working on anything to ensure they are safe).
    b) Can I backup my existing operating system drive folder and just copy them back? I was considering copying all folders (except /srv/) to the data drive so I could copy them back... (with cp -a)

I ask (b) as I have a lot of custom stuff running - Asterisk, DNSCrypt, OpenRemote, Crashplan etc....and it would be lovely to just get it to go!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Should be possible to make a fresh install on the new drives and than rsync the files from the old OS dirve to the new one.

Have a look here: question about OMV backup and upgrade to OMV4 (in the future)

edit: might not be possible w/o problems due to different UUID of the drives.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!