Errors when Upgrading from OMV 3.0.99 to OMV 4

• Hi there

as far I can see is the desired file in the package php-pam_1.0.3-1

Unfortunately its in /usr/lib/php/20151012/ and not in /usr/lib/php5/20131226

So i made an symbolic link (ln -s /usr/lib/php/20151012/pam.so /usr/lib/php5/20131226/pam.so)

Hope this helps.

*edith*

OK - doesn't help really....
    Now I get the message

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20131226/pam.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20131226/pam.so: undefined symbol: zend_hash_str_find in Unknown on line 0

Seems to be a wrong version(?)

• Yet another update on this: It seems that when I uninstall the openmediavault-sensors plugin, the upgrade works flawlessly. Unfortunately though, I need the Sensors plugin. If time permits, I will try to fork the plugin and modify it for OMV 4.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yet another update on this: It seems that when I uninstall the openmediavault-sensors plugin, the upgrade works flawlessly. Unfortunately though, I need the Sensors plugin. If time permits, I will try to fork the plugin and modify it for OMV 4.

Yep, this plugin hasn't been ported to OMV 4.x. While I can see it as nice to have, I don't think you need it.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Yep, this plugin hasn't been ported to OMV 4.x. While I can see it as nice to have, I don't think you need it.

In my case I do need it because the machine that I use is a small form factor that's not really supposed to be used as a server. The way I determine whether it needs cleaned or not is by monitoring the CPU temperature. When it starts to get filthy inside, the average temperature climbs higher than normal, and that's my signal to clean it out. So I actually do need it because without it I cannot determine if it's time without ripping the machine apart. ;)

• Offizieller Beitrag

In that case, you could install lm-sensors like the plugin does, run sensors-detect, and then have a daily scheduled jobs email you the output of the command sensors 8)

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• In that case, you could install lm-sensors like the plugin does, run sensors-detect, and then have a daily scheduled jobs email you the output of the command sensors 8)

Well right now I am trying to modify the plugin and get it working in a VM. Unfortunately I am testing it in a VM which means that even using the current stable version on OMV 3 just gives me the "sad graph" picture so I cannot do much testing beyond determining if the plugin throws any weird errors. Once I get the plugin to a point where it doesn't just freak out whenever I try to use it, I will post an experimental deb for someone to try. (I still haven't upgraded my machine from 3, so I cannot do it myself just yet.)

Fortunately @sbocquet posted instructions here and here that I believe cover how to do exactly what you are saying.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!