Upgrade to 4.2 from 2.2

• Hi, few question to upgrade my omv.

Can i upgrade my omv 2.2 stone burner to 4.2?

Second question, if its not possible upgrade to 4.2 from 2.2 how can i save my configuration? Can i save my configuration on 2.2 and replace it on 4.2?

Thanks everyone

• Offizieller Beitrag

Can i upgrade my omv 2.2 stone burner to 4.2?

Yes, but you will probably end up with problems. Fresh install is always better. Notice here you're attempting to go through 3 debian releases. If you go this road, check plugin compatibility if a plugin is not in omv4 then you need to remove it prior upgrade.

Second question, if its not possible upgrade to 4.2 from 2.2 how can i save my configuration? Can i save my configuration on 2.2 and replace it on 4.2?

Not possiblw

• Just a word of advice: If you plan on doing a major OMV upgrade, take a CloneZilla backup (this is easily done thanks to the OMV Extras plugin). That way, if something goes horribly wrong and you need to get your system back to stability ASAP, you can just restore the image and try again later. I recently tried to upgrade form OMV 3 to 4 and had to do just that.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!