SMTP Settings for Notifications to=<openmediavault-notification@localhost.localdomain> ??

• I hope someone can tell me what I missed in setting up my SMTP to send notifications. When I click on "send a test message", no email ever gets received. I am using my hosting account at GoDaddy and entering the SMTP server, port (465), account login and password. But, when I look at the logs, I am puzzled by this line:
    Apr 5 15:46:03 myNAS postfix/pipe[8244]: 9DC03688C3: to=<openmediavault-notification@localhost.localdomain>, relay=omvnotificationfilter, delay=0.06, delays=0.02/0.01/0/0.03, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (delivered via omvnotificationfilter service)

All of the email addresses in /etc/postfix/recipient_canonical look good. I also tried sending an email from the command line with:
    echo "message body" | mail -s "Test Subject" Steve
    where Steve is in the recipient_canonical file and associated with my email address. But, no email.

So, why is the to=<openmediavault-notification@localhost.localdomain> in the log file? Is this normal or did I fail to set something up?

Thanks.

• I am under the impression the support for using port 465 was wrongly done. I will have to check your postfix files. Is this omv4?
    If is not, then port 465 is not supported.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I am using Version 3.0.99 (Erasmus).
    This is a newbie question, but where are the postfix files that you could glean any information from?
    http://openmediavault.readthed…latest/various/files.html shows the location of everything else, but not postfix, and a find command finds a dozen or so postfix folders.

But, since I am using Version 3, and my email provider only supports SSL on port 465, the question is moot.
    So, I turn off SSL in Notifications and use port 25. But still no email.
    just for grins, I tried Port 80 and, wow, all of my queued test messages were sent.

So, again thanks for the quick reply- problem solved.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!