RAID with Raspberry Pi

• Offizieller Beitrag

I hope, that as some point you remove the additional code, that blocks using USB(3) disks as RAID.

He didn't write the code that blocks RAID. That limitation is part of the main project.

There's a reason why this restriction is in place. It's a bad idea, it fails a lot, and most users run without data backup. That's a sure formula for users to return to the forum, asking for support for fixing a broken array that, in many cases, can't be fixed.

If you really want to run RAID, it can be set up on the command line. Thereafter, the array will show up and can be managed in the GUI. But, if you do this, you've been warned.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I research a few hours and found NO deliverable arm based board with more than one native SATA connector (ignoring add-on PCIx cards, which would add complexity).

Therefore, based on your statement, you can currently only build an arm based OMV-NAS without RAID. That is disappointing.

You missed options then. While Helios4 and helios64 are no longer options since they just closed, you can still add a pcie connected sata hat to the nanopim4 (rock solid) or you can add a multi-sata port card to an RPi CM4 with RPi io board. I have both and they work well. I still don't understand the desire to run raid on hardware that has no redundancy.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!