Trouble opening ports for OMV OpenVPN

• Just to preface, I'm pretty new to all of this so please pardon my lack of knowledge

So I'm running OMV on a raspi model 3b and using the OpenVPN plugin 3.0.6 to connect to a hostname registered with no-ip to access my files remotely, but every time I run the device configuration assistant on no-ip, it just tells me that 1194 isn't open. Even though I have in fact opened the port on my router. What could be going wrong?

My openVPN settings are as follows, I have openVPN enabled on OMV, running on port 1194, protocol UDP with compression on and PAM off and no extra options. The VPN network is addressed to 10.8.0.0 with default gateway enabled. I have the DNS server set to my routers IP. and finally the public address is set to the domain I have registered with no-ip.

My router settings (TP-Link Archer AC1750), I have DDNS enabled with all of my no-ip information and connection verified working. I have forwarded port 1194 to OMV's IP address (192.168.0.109) using all protocols. And the rule is enabled.

Yet no-ip still tells me that when it tries to access port 1194 through my hostname, it appears closed. What am I missing? Do I have to enable rules on OMV firewall? Disable my routers firewall? Is it something painfully obvious and I just don't know? Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if you need more info please feel free to ask.

Thanks!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don’t understand. What is device configuration on no-ip? If it does a standard tcp check for port open of course it will return close as it is udp.
    You should be testing the vpn by actually trying to connect to it.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!