openmediavault-unionfilesystems aufs & snapraid starting with 2 disks

• Hello folks,

I want to start my fresh built NAS with a combination of SnapRaid and AUFS but at this moment I only have to disks available.
    I already created the parity and data drives for SnapRaid and then recognized that I cannot start a union filesystem because exlcuding the parity disk I just have 1 disk left. I need at least 2 disks to start the union filesystem with AUFS.

So my question is if I skip creating the union filesystem an this moment and start adding data to my data disk, will I be able to create a union filesystem later when I add a second data disk? And will this later creation work without data loss?

I appreciate your help,
    thanks in advance

• You can add or remove a Union File System at any time without affecting the data on the disks.

Also, AUFS is not supported in OMV 3.x and up. Only mergerfs is supported by the plugin.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Thanks for your reply.
    I followed a tutorial for setting everything up. Maybe it was not that recent because they mentioned AUFS there and so I automatically assumed using it. Thanks for correction :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!