Windows not finding network path

• Gentlemen

I built a Raspberrypi 3 file server for my church.

None of the computers seem to show the Raspberrypi file server so I use the static IP address to map the drives.

On on particular computer I get a 0x80070035 fault "the network path was not found.

Network discovery is turned on.

Not sure why this is happening with Windows 10, any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Rich Prim

• Wow that's a lot of stuff to do, not sure I want to mess with that on someone else's computer.
    I did by accident find that if I " Added a network location" this allowed me to get access to the server.
    Its a bit easier and less chance to screw something up.
    Thanks for the help, Windows 10 sure makes life difficult.

Rich Prim

• Some things to check:
    Are the computers in a "home group"?
    Did you set the workgroup name in omv to match what the Windows computers are set to?
    Did you give it all 30-40 minutes to allow the network browsers to sync up. Windows is kind of odd with the master browser and syncing the browse lists up. There are so-called "elections" to determine which box is going to be the master and computers may wait 20 minutes or so between broadcasting their presence on the network.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

• I did all the updates except the reg edits.
    Now the computer seems to reliably connect to the network drives.

Thanks so much for the info, it was not a big problem at home but when you spend someone else's money to build a machine and it doesn't work.
    Well you look like you don't know what you are doing.

I am sure many people appreciate the help we get from the more experienced guys on this Forum.

Rich Prim

• Yes I built the file server for my Church as a test, if it didn't work for them no big deal.

Not confident enough to charge a fee yet.
    It took some suggesting to get them to understand the benefits of a file server.
    Up till now everyone had there own little system.
    As they learned one Sunday, they could not get the power point file working because the girl mistakenly put a short cut, not a file on the desktop from her flash drive.
    After some digging we found the flash drive in her desk.

Now they seem to understand the benefit of a file server.

Going on vacation tomorrow see you all in 11 days.

Rich Prim

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!