How to make screen off after some time

• Resolved
    • OMV 4.x
    • How to make screen off after some time

Hello!

I have a small home server running on an old Dell d620 laptop (T7200, 2HDD's and 4 GB or ram).
      I have migrated yesterday from OMV 3.x to 4.x. In OMV 3.x screen was turning off after some minutes but on OMV 4.x it stays on forever. I don't want to turn it off forever. Sometimes I need to do something in first person. I cannot just close the lid because the laptop goes then in sleep mode.
      Please advise a solution.
    • Sorry, last time I was reading your post at 2 am and didn't understand well;)

Those parameters in logind.conf are related to power buttons actions.

HandleLidSwitch parameter only controls how the laptop's screen will react to lid close.
      Did you try HandleLidSwitchDocked parameter?

Someone marked my topic as resolved but it isn't. I only found a workaround for my problem by disabling sleep action when I close the laptop's lid.

But stil unresolved is: how to set screen timeout?

The post was edited 1 time, last by klimu ().

• klimu wrote:

Sorry, last time I was reading your post at 2 am and didn't understand well;)

Those parameters in logind.conf are related to power buttons actions.

HandleLidSwitch parameter only controls how the laptop's screen will react to lid close.
      Did you try HandleLidSwitchDocked parameter?

Someone marked my topic as resolved but it isn't. I only found a workaround for my problem by disabling sleep action when I close the laptop's lid.

But stil unresolved is: how to set screen timeout?
      exacly, how to set screen timeout?
      in my OMV3 - work .. in OMV4 dont work ;/