Problems with USBackup

• Dear All,

I'm using OMV3 with Raid1 and I wanted to Backup the content of the shares to a USB harddisk using USBBackup. Doing this I always get the same error message (see attached!).

OMV always tells me that the harddisk cannot be mounted. Does anyome have a solution for that? I also reinstalled the system and I remember that lets say 1 year ago when I did first tests it was working fine out of the box.

Thank you!

• Did you have the USB harddisk manually mounted with the WebUI previously or is it still mounted? So please unmount the disk by the WebUI. Normally all disk used by USBbackup are mounted automatically when they are connected to the USB port and unmounted when the backup is finished.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Before the backup I manually mounted the USB harddisk now before.

You must not mount the USB harddisk manually. The disk has to be unmounted. Otherwise the USBbackup plugin can´t mount the disk.

Laut meiner Erfahrung beschwert sich das USB Backup plugin, wenn die Platte vorher manuell eingehängt wurde. Bitte probier mal die Platte auszuhängen, dann die Platte vom USB Anschluss zu trennen, ggf. einen Reboot machen und dann die Platte wieder anzustecken. Dann müsste eigentlich alles vollautomatisch laufen. Also Platte wird gemounted, Backup durchgeführt, wenn fertig, die Platte wieder automatisch ausgehängt. Zumindest bei mir funktioniert das so.

Wie gesagt, im Automatikmodus. Wenn das Backup aber über die WebUI gestartet wird, wie in deinem Beispiel, bin ich unsicher, ob die Platte vorher eingehängt werden muss oder nicht.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!