Kernel 4.16

• Hello,
    there is somehow a way, the current backport kernel 4.15.0-0-bpo.2-amd64. Upgrade to 4.16.

The reason:
    This supports my new "USB Xbox Digital TV Stick" out of the box.

Unfortunately, I have no idea about programming, so I would find it class as I can update the kernel or but what I have to do to compile it myself.

Unfortunately, my English is not great, so I can not argue big.

Who will help me please.

(I use the OMV 4.1.4 to compile)

best regards
    Tom

• Offizieller Beitrag

Upgrading to the 4.15 kernel will break anything that requires a compiled kernel module - zfs, virtualbox, etc

VirtualBox and ZFS plugins installation issue after fresh OMV install

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Upgrading to the 4.15 kernel will break anything that requires a compiled kernel module - zfs, virtualbox, etc

Yes, i have read this but i have no VB and zfs installed.

but, my question was, how can i upgrade to kernel 4.16. NOT 4.15

tnx for your answer

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yes, i have read this but i have no VB and zfs installed.

Those were just examples. I thought your device is something that will need a compiled kernel module... I also thought 4.16 was a typo and you really wanted 4.15.

but, my question was, how can i update to kernel 4.16. NOT 4.15

The 4.15 kernel is in the Debian repo and maintained. These are the only kernels recommended to use. If you want to compile your own, there a plenty of How Tos on the internet how to compile the latest kernel on Debian - https://medium.freecodecamp.or…-from-source-6d8df5345980

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Those were just examples. I thought your device is something that will need a compiled kernel module... I also thought 4.16 was a typo and you really wanted 4.15.

No, that was a misunderstanding on your part. But do not do anything. Can happen.

The 4.15 kernel is in the Debian repo and maintained. These are the only kernels recommended to use. If you want to compile your own, there a plenty of How Tos on the internet how to compile the latest kernel on Debian - medium.freecodecamp.org/buildi…-from-source-6d8df5345980

Great. OK, that's exactly what I wanted to know. Thank you!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!