rsync - omv to win

• Definitely it is somewhere here already, but i my last candle for today (was short one). But I struggle with this simple task:
    I have omv rsync folder, lets call it OmvRsyncShare - user omvuser and Windows share, lets call it WindowsRsyncShare with user winuser. How can I use rsync on omv for symple folder push sync to win?
    Do I need to run rsync folder on Win PC? I have Cygwin - do I necessary need it? There are no windows shares on cygwin. DO I need to mount it? Then what is the point of Cygwin? Can I just mount windows shared folder locally on omv?
    Once I managed to successfully run rsync from OMV to Virtual OMV and back. Then I had attempt to pass-through my sata HDD but I could not get it through (drivers issue?... I don't know) I did get pass-through with usb flash drive. Can't work it out with sata HDD.

What would you recomend as simpliest solution?
    BTW if hdd is on Win I want it bitlocked, or linux luks encrypted. But I guess that should not be problem. Unless mounting pass-through on Virtual machine I guess...
    Looking forward for simplest solution.

Once I solve this, I hope I'll be able to run rsync over internet... Whatever is the way.

• You need cygwin and two additional packages

Net -> openssh
    Admin -> cygrunsrv

then as admin within cygwin you need to setup ssh (ssh-host-config)
    The next step was somehow pita and I needed a good bunch of time for it, the public key auth... you need to google that as I have forgotten what i did exactly.

When done start the sshd server

You can then access the drives on the win box with /cygdrive/<driveletter>/<folder>/

• I thought about it what is best cost and time effective solution for user like me: Who knows how OMV works, but still struggles with "massive" linux command line setups (cygwin)...
    Cost and time effective solution is to Attach that HDD to ARM board (for now I consider rock64 is good option).

Only that I have 3,5" HDD to connect. I hope I solve it with USB to SATA adapter or enclosure 3.5" - not expensive but reliable. Do you know any?
    I consider adapter: USB 3.0 to SATA 2.5'' 3.5'' Hard Drive Converter 12v Power Adapter 5Gbps O2A9 - I have 12V adapter for it
    or enclosure: CiT 3.5" SATA II to USB3.0 Enclosure
    Any experience with it?

I already had Banana Pi ARM board with DIY powering HDD - not stable solution. Definitely something like this is worth extra 10-15 £/EUR/etc to stay away from trouble with data.

• It is about 2TB of data. Rsync can handle anything I'll ask, I think.
    Primary - live Data are on NAS - OMV. I want it to be synced-pushed as one way copy to different machine.
    For now I'm still aiming for ARM board based PC with one HDD attached. This time, more stable and better solution of ARM then I used to have in past... It is nice an easy, once you know OMV.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!