Webgui not working after upgrade from 2.2.x to 3.0

• Hi all,

I have been using Openmediavault for years now and I really love it. Today I tried upgrading from 2.2.x to 3.0 using THIS guide. The first two steps seemed to do the trick of upgrading. I can reach the shares without problems. However when I try to login to the web interface I get: 502 Bad Gateway - nginx

I searched the internet and found a couple of posts about this issue. The problem is I have almost 0 knowledge of linux systems. So if there is any deviation from what the post says, I have no clue how to continue or what I'm looking for. I am very aware that solely based on the above information nothing much can be done. If anyone is willing to take the time to run me through looking at this issue I would greatly appreciate it. Just let me know what information is required and I will gladly supply it. I will start with what I can.

I'm running Openmediavault 3.0 on a 5 bay Thecus N5200 NAS which I have upgraded to 2GB RAM and a 16GB DOM drive. This NAS has a standard Intel (x86) motherboard.
    SSH is enabled and I can connect using my root account.

Kind regards,

Patrick

• Offizieller Beitrag

That guide is very incomplete. The 2.x -> 3.x upgrade has a lot of changes that make it difficult for people. That is why a fresh install is recommended for that upgrade. What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep openm

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi, and thank you for the quick reply.

Code
    root@N5200:~# dpkg -l | grep openm
    iF  openmediavault                 3.0.99                           all          Open network attached storage solution
    iU  openmediavault-backup          3.10                             all          backup plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    rH  openmediavault-extplorer       1.3.1                            all          OpenMediaVault eXtplorer plugin
    iU  openmediavault-flashmemory     3.5                              all          folder2ram plugin for OpenMediaVault
    ii  openmediavault-keyring         1.0                              all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    iU  openmediavault-omvextrasorg    3.4.29                           all          OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    root@N5200:~#
    • Offizieller Beitrag

extplorer was never ported to OMV 3.x or 4.x. So, you need to remove it. apt-get purge openmediavault-extplorer

After removing that, you may need to re-write the nginx and phpfpm configs but try removing just extplorer first.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Hi,

The following is what I get:

• Offizieller Beitrag

try:
    rm /etc/nginx/openmediavault-webgui.d/openmediavault-extplorer-site.conf
    rm /etc/php5/fpm/pool.d/openmediavault-extplorer-site.conf
    omv-mkconf nginx
    omv-mkconf php5fpm
    systemctl restart nginx
    systemctl restart php5-fpm

• Hi again,

The file 'openmediavault-extplorer-site.conf' doesn't seem to be on my system. I tried doing a search (see text below) but it's not there. Restarting the services still come up with an error.

• Hi,

After a lot of hassle I managed to install a clean version of OMV v3.0.36. The web-interface works and after some configuration and updates it seems to be running nicely now on v3.0.99.

Cheers,

Patrick

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!