ZFS device(s) not listed in devices dropdown

• So the ZFS Plugin was updatet today and erverything works fine with a fresh installed and updatet omv 4.1.7 with 4.16.0.bpo.1. Massive thanks to subzero79 and ryecoaaron for updating the plugin and helping a novice like me :thumbup:

Nice. :D

I have just updated the plugin here too, and can confirm that I now see ZFS pools in the dropdown. Go to the ZFS tab first and accept the config changes, then to the shared folders - and they are there! Nice work @ryecoaaron and @subzero79 <3

@Blabla Your fix is here :)

1. Enable OMV-Extras Testing in OMV Extras tab
    2. apt update
    3. apt upgrade - during upgrade select 'N' to any config file changes (to keep yours)
    4. Visit ZFS tab and accept changes (yellow banner)

You may need to export pools, then import here. You probably won't get a save config changes prompt if you need to (I am guessing).

5. Disable OMV-Extras testing if desired.

6. Go enjoy your pools in the dropdown :)

5 Mal editiert, zuletzt von ellnic () aus folgendem Grund: Added enabling OMV Extras Testing

• Offizieller Beitrag

On my test VM, I did have to import my pools (with force checkbox checked) but after that, everything is working very well even after multiple reboots.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Have added comment :)

Edit: So can this be marked off as solved now? Solution is: Enable OMV extras Testing, Update to latest version, export/import pools via GUI. Disable Testing afterward if desired.

• Hi,

No change for me with the plugin update… even after an export/import run of my pool.

After I entered the ZFS plugin tab, the mount point vanished from config.xml file.

If I put the correct entry back, everything go back to normal…

Lian Li PC-V354 (with Be Quiet! Silent Wings 3 fans)
    ASRock Rack x470D4U | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Crucial 16GB DDR4 2666MHz ECC | Intel x550T2 10Gb NIC

1 x ADATA 8200 Pro 256MB NVMe for System/Caches/Logs/Downloads
    5 x Western Digital 10To HDD in RAID 6 for Datas
    1 x Western Digital 2To HDD for Backups

Powered by OMV v5.6.26 & Linux kernel 5.10.x

• Offizieller Beitrag

No change for me with the plugin update… even after an export/import run of my pool.

After I entered the ZFS plugin tab, the mount point vanished from config.xml file.

It must not have written the mntent uuid to the custom zfs property. Can you look in the properties for omvzfsplugin:uuid to see if it is there?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Nop !

ASRock Rack x470D4U | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Crucial 16GB DDR4 2666MHz ECC | Intel x550T2 10Gb NIC

Powered by OMV v5.6.26 & Linux kernel 5.10.x

• It must not have written the mntent uuid to the custom zfs property. Can you look in the properties for omvzfsplugin:uuid to see if it is there?

Out of interest, where is this located?

Edit: Just checked another box with OMV and it fixes it on that too. :)

• Just tried to set the property manually… but no effect. Do I need to reboot or something ?

Code
    root@home-server:/etc/openmediavault# zfs set omvzfsplugin:uuid=864e8b70-edf9-48fb-a2fc-7fe7dbab1c2f StoragePool

root@home-server:/etc/openmediavault# zfs get -s local all StoragePool
    NAME         PROPERTY              VALUE                                 SOURCE
    StoragePool  atime                 off                                   local
    StoragePool  omvzfsplugin:uuid     864e8b70-edf9-48fb-a2fc-7fe7dbab1c2f  local