OMV crashed today....may be over my head to fix...

• For the second time in 2 months, the shares wouldn't mount on my OMV NAS.

I don't know how to proceed other than to reinstall OMV from scratch. I'm not worried about the data volumes, I'm confident they're there. I believe it is something that has glitched again on the thumb drive (sdg) that is booting this setup.

What bothers me is that this setup worked for YEARS until a couple of months ago, and now, it has crashed twice in as many months.

Any steps I can take to try and repair it before I go full-blown re-install?

I should also note that I was using OMV backup plug-in, but I can't find any instructions on how to actually do a recovery.

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you don't have the flashmemory plugin installed, your thumb drive is failing. Even if you do have it installed, your thumb drive might still be failing due to the age.

The fresh install would probably be easier than recovering but even if you do want to recover, you still need to do a fresh install.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

So is there any hope of restoring the settings from the OMV Backup plugin?

Yes but it isn't easy which is time consuming.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

So one would have to ask the question?

Unfortunately. See next answer.

What is the point of the OMV Backup plugin?

I don't recommend it for people who aren't advanced Linux users. We always recommend clonezilla. I wrote the plugin for myself. I just figured others might find it useful. Because it is just rsync'ing the files to another drive and making a backup of the boot record, a restore isn't easy.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!