LDAP CONFIGURATION on 4.1.3

• OMV 4.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The plugin is quite old and there is newer technology available. Maybe someone will write a plugin someday. Here is how I do it. forum.openmediavault.org/index…Directory-LDAP-Revisited/. There is a script there. It uses sssd which takes some of the guess work out of it. I keep thinking I will rewrite it but never get around to it. I have done it on 3.x and 4.x with 2008 and 2012, others on 2016.

There is also this forum.openmediavault.org/index…-Active-Directory-domain/ for another opinion.
      If you make it idiot proof, somebody will build a better idiot.
    • Hi man I have an LDAP (openLDAP) and I'm in the same situation I have just tested the old suggested link and..... no connection for me.
      Before I have tested openmediavault.org/?p=782

I have tested the connection to LDAP and it is

- Browseable
      - Administrable

I have tested with a lot of tool to be sure that all give the same result

1)LDAP ADMIN ldapadmin.org/
      2)Ldap admin softerra ldapadministrator.com/
      3)Apache directory studio directory.apache.org/studio
      4)JXplorer jxplorer.org

Now the connection param

I have this structure under my LDAP and it can be explored anonymously or with password and edit option is enabled.

>dc=directory,dc=nh
      ->ou=Groups
      -->cn= domain admins
      -->cn=locales
      ->ou=People
      -->uid=admin
      -->uid=user1
      ->cn=ldapservice
      ->cn=libuser

So for connection I have to put

Host: 192.168.2.78
      Port: 636
      Version: 3
      Base: dc=directory,dc=nh
      Authentication:SSL
      Username: uid=admin,ou=people,dc=directory,dc=nh
      Password: the admin password

Under OMV i have also added

ou=People and ou=Groups

I Try it in a clean machine.

I save and apply
      Go under user .... no user listed

go under Logs

Apr 19 17:09:40 openmediavault aster process (/etc/php/7.0/fpm/php-fpm.conf): nss_ldap: could not connect to any LDAP server as cn=ldapserviceu,dc=directory,dc=nh - Can't contact LDAP server
      Apr 19 17:09:40 openmediavault aster process (/etc/php/7.0/fpm/php-fpm.conf): nss_ldap: failed to bind to LDAP server ldaps://192.168.2.78:636: Can't contact LDAP server
      Apr 19 17:09:40 openmediavault aster process (/etc/php/7.0/fpm/php-fpm.conf): nss_ldap: could not search LDAP server - Server is unavailable
      Apr 19 17:09:40 openmediavault aster process (/etc/php/7.0/fpm/php-fpm.conf): nss_ldap: could not connect to any LDAP server as cn=ldapserviceu,dc=directory,dc=nh - Can't contact LDAP server
      Apr 19 17:09:40 openmediavault aster process (/etc/php/7.0/fpm/php-fpm.conf): nss_ldap: failed to bind to LDAP server ldaps://192.168.2.78:636: Can't contact LDAP server
      Apr 19 17:09:40 openmediavault aster process (/etc/php/7.0/fpm/php-fpm.conf): nss_ldap: could not search LDAP server - Server is unavaila

So i'm stuck is there also a solution for ldap users

The post was edited 1 time, last by bbm ().

• I am not using openldap but I think you should start your own thread. That said I have been avoiding the plugin for years. There are two newer packages that help a lot, sssd and realmd. sssd works fine on windows for me. realmd may also work. For other solutions realmd may work better. The links in my post above show both methods.
      If you make it idiot proof, somebody will build a better idiot.