Full root drive help

• Hi all still a noob user but I really like OMV.
    I recently had this problem where my web gui page wouldn't load.
    Searched here and found the 16gb root drive was full. I managed to delete old compressed copys of the log files and get my web gui working again.
    The /var/log folder was full like 12gb of data in var/log.
    Can someone please try to help me figure out what I am doing wrong and why the root drive is filling up with these log files.

Thanks for any help
    Robert

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you read the logs to see what it is writing about? A few details like hardware type etc might get better guesses. One other quick tip df -h shows the size of your partitions. apt-get clean all cleans your apt cache which can store a lot of archives too.

• I found it. Turns out i had put the wrong password for my email account. The Mail logs and such in the /var/log folder were huge. I deleted them and then figured out the password thing. The drive has stopped filling up im pretty sure.
    Boy a little mistake and that log filled up damn fast lol. I couldn't have figured it out if it weren't for reading these threads. Thanks to all who have offered up support it does not go unnoticed.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!