Full root drive help

• OMV 3.x
    • Resolved

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Full root drive help

Hi all still a noob user but I really like OMV.
      I recently had this problem where my web gui page wouldn't load.
      Searched here and found the 16gb root drive was full. I managed to delete old compressed copys of the log files and get my web gui working again.
      The /var/log folder was full like 12gb of data in var/log.
      Can someone please try to help me figure out what I am doing wrong and why the root drive is filling up with these log files.

Thanks for any help
      Robert
    • Did you read the logs to see what it is writing about? A few details like hardware type etc might get better guesses. One other quick tip df -h shows the size of your partitions. apt-get clean all cleans your apt cache which can store a lot of archives too.
      If you make it idiot proof, somebody will build a better idiot.
    • I found it. Turns out i had put the wrong password for my email account. The Mail logs and such in the /var/log folder were huge. I deleted them and then figured out the password thing. The drive has stopped filling up im pretty sure.
      Boy a little mistake and that log filled up damn fast lol. I couldn't have figured it out if it weren't for reading these threads. Thanks to all who have offered up support it does not go unnoticed.