All is configured but...how can I backup it?

• Hi!

I'm happy with my OMV mini-nas, and all is working like I want (shared folders, on the external hard disk, Wake-on-wan, deluge, users ecc) even thanks to another question I've make on this forum (regarding Samba).

Now all is fine tuned, and I've a fear: redo everything from scratch!

I have an mSata SSD 32gb for the OS and a 4TB hard drive for data.

I would very like to backup the SSD so, in case of serious fuck-up or if it fail someday, I could easily "replace" it and retain all my configs.

With Windows I use a tool called Macrium Reflect: the free edition is perfect, and allow me to make a "snapshot" (even when the PC is running), save it on an external USB Hard disk and (with the aid of an Bootable USB with macrium software) I can easily restore that backup from the external hard drive directly on the disk, thus allowing me to "restore" any previous status with only 5 minutes.

I'm newbie with linux, and I don't know it a similar mechanism/tool exist on Linux. Also I saw that OMV has a "backup" plugin, but I didn't found enough information on what it is (I didn't downloaded it jet).

I know that a tool called CloneZilla could do the work, but I would really prefer to ask before messing it!

Anyone has some suggestions on how I can make a snapshot of my OMV Drive?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!