Rutorrent in docker

• OMV 4.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Rutorrent in docker

can someone point me in the right direction?
      I've a raid 5 in my nas and configured so sharedfiles is accessable when I'm trying to configure the docker container starts but I cannot access the webGUI of rutorrent. Is something wrong with this creation of the container?

sudo docker create --name=rutorrent \
      --restart=always \
      -v /home/docker/rutorrent/config:/config \
      -v /sharedfolders/media/downloads:/downloads \
      -e PGID=1001 -e PUID=1001 \
      -e TZ=Europe/London \
      -p 82:82 -p 82:82 \
      -p 61318:61318 -p 61318:61318/udp \
      linuxserver/rutorrent

Thanks in advance,
      B
    • duplicated ports, you only need one statement:

-p 82:82 -p 82:82 \
      -p 61318:61318 -p 61318:61318/udp \

must be:

-p 82:82 -p 61318:61318 \
      OMV 3.0.96 x64 on a HP T510, 16GB CF as Boot Disk & 32GB SSD 2,5" disk for Data, 4 GB RAM, CPU VIA EDEN X2 U4200 is x64 at 1GHz

Post: HPT510 SlimNAS ; HOWTO Install Pi-Hole ; HOWTO install MLDonkey ; HOHTO Install ZFS-Plugin ; OMV_OldGUI ; ShellinaBOX ;
      Dockers: MLDonkey ; PiHole ;
      Videos: @TechnoDadLife
    • somehow I cannot add the error message,
      here it is...

Source Code

1. root@openmediavault:~# sudo docker start rutorrent
      2. Error response from daemon: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint rutorrent (c20519eb543cc904e5bcef2a490df0ecf36229cd83153ae748b8614fb82e8442): Bind for 0.0.0.0:82 failed: port is already allocated
      3. Error: failed to start containers: rutorrent
      4. root@openmediavault:~#
    • Here is the docker container log

@raulfg3 now i only stated the ports once.

Brainfuck Source Code

1. root@openmediavault:~# sudo docker create --name=rutorrent \
      2. > --restart=always \
      3. > -v /home/docker/rutorrent/config:/config \
      4. > -v /sharedfolders/media/downloads:/downloads \
      5. > -e PGID=1001 -e PUID=1001 \
      6. > -e TZ=Europe/London \
      7. > -p 84:84 -p 61318:61318 \
      8. > linuxserver/rutorrent
      9. eec60c9d3e3db37172d3cfa635e1ae276796dcdff9c91aab07dd1b7e5fed4987
      10. root@openmediavault:~# sudo docker start rutorrent
      11. rutorrent
      12. root@openmediavault:~# docker logs --details rutorrent
      13. [s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
      14. [s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
      15. [fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
      16. [fix-attrs.d] done.
      17. [cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
      18. [cont-init.d] 10-adduser: executing...
      19. -------------------------------------
      20. _ ()
      21. | | ___ _ __
      22. | | / __| | | / \
      23. | | \__ \ | | | () |
      24. |_| |___/ |_| \__/
      25. Brought to you by linuxserver.io
      26. We gratefully accept donations at:
      27. https://www.linuxserver.io/donations/
      28. -------------------------------------
      29. GID/UID
      30. -------------------------------------
      31. User uid: 1001
      32. User gid: 1001
      33. -------------------------------------
      34. [cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
      35. [cont-init.d] 20-config: executing...
      36. [cont-init.d] 20-config: exited 0.
      37. [cont-init.d] done.
      38. [services.d] starting services
      39. [services.d] done.
      40. root@openmediavault:~#
      Display All

The post was edited 1 time, last by bowe ().

• Ok, but still do not work, because rutorrent use port 80 for webGUI, so config must be -p 84:80 -p 61318:61318 \

please correct this and try co connect to http://<YourNasIP>:84

PD: Please post what exact rutorrent docker do you use, because hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/rutorrent/ use ports 80, 5000, 51413,6881 and not port 84 and 61318

so you must understand how docker translate internal port to your external port:

Display Spoiler

Parameters
      The parameters are split into two halves, separated by a colon, the left hand side representing the host and the right the container side. For example with a port -p external:internal - what this shows is the port mapping from internal to external of the container.So -p 8080:80 would expose port 80 from inside the container to be accessible from the host's IP on port 8080http://192.168.x.x:8080 would show you what's running INSIDE the container on port 80.
      OMV 3.0.96 x64 on a HP T510, 16GB CF as Boot Disk & 32GB SSD 2,5" disk for Data, 4 GB RAM, CPU VIA EDEN X2 U4200 is x64 at 1GHz

Post: HPT510 SlimNAS ; HOWTO Install Pi-Hole ; HOWTO install MLDonkey ; HOHTO Install ZFS-Plugin ; OMV_OldGUI ; ShellinaBOX ;
      Dockers: MLDonkey ; PiHole ;
      Videos: @TechnoDadLife
    • @raulfg3

I got it to work with your help, thank you!

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get autodl-irssi installed? Docker is very confusing to me...

Edit: Hmm, also can't seem to change the download location from my OS disc to my ZFS pool...
      Case: U-NAS NSC-810
      Motherboard: ASRock - C236 WSI Mini ITX
      CPU: Core i7-6700
      Memory: 32GB Crucial DDR4-2133

The post was edited 1 time, last by elastic ().

• elastic wrote:

@raulfg3

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get autodl-irssi installed? Docker is very confusing to me...

Edit: Hmm, also can't seem to change the download location from my OS disc to my ZFS pool...

Can you try following my guide here to see if it all functions correctly? I don't talk about autodl there but at least you can make sure you can change the download location and general operation is successful.

What happens when you try to change your download location on that container? I don't use ZFS, but I do use a mergerFS pool that requires certain options to be disabled before data can be written by rutorrent to the pool.
    • flvinny521 wrote:

elastic wrote:

@raulfg3

Can you try following my guide here to see if it all functions correctly? I don't talk about autodl there but at least you can make sure you can change the download location and general operation is successful.

What happens when you try to change your download location on that container? I don't use ZFS, but I do use a mergerFS pool that requires certain options to be disabled before data can be written by rutorrent to the pool.

Thanks for taking the time to make such a thorough guide. Unfortunately I followed it and it does not work for me. It's still pointed at my OS disc and every time I restart the image, my settings change back to default in rutorrent itself.
    • elastic wrote:

Thanks for taking the time to make such a thorough guide. Unfortunately I followed it and it does not work for me. It's still pointed at my OS disc and every time I restart the image, my settings change back to default in rutorrent itself.

Have you marked the config folder as read-only?

Can you show us screenshots of your container setup? Also, are you changing your download location in the rutorrent web UI, or in the rtorrent.rc file?
    • flvinny521 wrote:

elastic wrote:

@raulfg3

I don't believe I did to be honest. If that was one of the steps I may have over looked it. I also just realized that this thread is marked under OMV 4, I'm running 3. Would that make a difference? I'll post screen shots a bit later on as I already uninstalled it lol.