Export a directory on the local disk mounted by NFS

• I want to re-export an exterbnally provided NFS share (or parts of it).

Mounting is not the problem - i added an entry to /etc/fstab.
    Does it have to be mounted to a specific location ?

But how to get it to the shared folders list in the web UI ?
    I can not define it there because it requires to select a device - which seems to be mandatory. Is there a workaround ?

Or am i missing something ?

Oh, and under file systems you can not define imported NFS shares.

• Offizieller Beitrag

In order to be a source for a shared folder, it has to be mounted in the web interface. This created the mount entry in the database. The remotemount plugin allows you to mount samba and nfs shares and creates the mount entry in the database. While it doesn't prevent you from re-exporting a shared folder created on the mount, I recommend against it.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks for the hint. I had a look for the remotemount plugin. Is it this one :Github Remotemount plugin ?
    It is in the omv-extras repository, right ?

I read your recommendation. Let me give you a look at my usage environment.

Host is a machine running Proxmox (virtualisation host system) on bare metal. The data disks there are configured in a ZFS RaidZ2 (i.e. RAID 6) volume.

I do not want to set up the host system to serve as fileserver as such to avoid mixture of services. So i placed OMV as VM on this host.

To get access to the storage i exported it as NFS share from the bare metal to an internal network (network bridge only available to the VMs - no hardware bound).

OMV gets 2 virtual network interfaces, one to have access from outside, the other to access the NFS share.

This way other share methods (SMB, ...) can be set up and easily configured.

N.B.: Also other VMs will run on this VM host system.

• Followup - remotemount installed. NFS share mounted. The share is listed under Storage -> File Systems.

But i can not define a share under Access Right Management -> Shared Folders. Here you have to select a device (mandatory !).

How can i export the mounted NFS filesystem ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

But i can not define a share under Access Right Management -> Shared Folders. Here you have to select a device

nfsv4 doesn't work if you are using v4. I need to fix that. Otherwise, it should work fine (just tested).

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!