Mount a disk without lose my information

• Hi,
    i'm looking for everywhere and i can't find nothing about if i can mount a disk with information (the disk format is NTFS) in OMV, but i cant lose the information.
    Do i have any option?

thanks and help me please :c

• Why would you loose information?
    OMV supports ntfs read/write, but it doesn't have an option for read only, that would have to be done manually

Thanks for your answer!

I mean that if I must format the disk when I mount it to be able to use it to share files, or OMV will immediately recognize it as well as its files to be able to share them through my local network?Im sorry, it´s my first time with a NAS and i dont know a lot about this.

• Offizieller Beitrag
    • shut the server down
    • install your drive
    • start the server
    • mount the drive in the GUI of OMV
    • create a shared folder in the GUI of OMV and select a folder on the drive as target
    • enable SMB/CIFS and add the just created shared folder as share
    • now you should be able to reach the folder from the network

Please note that NTFS is not recommended for permanent use on a linux based NAS.

Also have a look at the videos linked in my signature.

• shut the server down
    • install your drive
    • start the server
    • mount the drive in the GUI of OMV
    • create a shared folder in the GUI of OMV and select a folder on the drive as target
    • enable SMB/CIFS and add the just created shared folder as share
    • now you should be able to reach the folder from the network

Please note that NTFS is not recommended for permanent use on a linux based NAS.

Also have a look at the videos linked in my signature.

Wow,

Thanks for your quick response, this i needed to know.
    you clarified my doubt completely, i will watch the videos.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!