How to unencrypt?

• I would say it is important to have the right unencryption code or pass phrase or what ever. I assume you will not get any support here if you don´t have it. That´s the purpose of encryption.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Yes, I have the passphrase for it but I no longer wish to have the drive encrypted. Every time I turn on the system I have to re enter the password to access my data. If I format the drive will it be back to a normal hdd, where I can just move files to and from freely. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Offizieller Beitrag

If I format the drive will it be back to a normal hdd, where I can just move files to and from freely.

The proper way to do it would unmount it in the web interface, delete the luks device and then wipe the drive in the physical disks tab. Then you can add a filesystem with no encryption.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• How do you delete the LUKS device and how do you add a filesystem. I am currently away from home but will try when I get back later this evening. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Offizieller Beitrag

How do you delete the LUKS device and how do you add a filesystem

Using the web interface the same way you created them. Delete the luks device in the luks plugin and umount and add the filesystem in the filesystems tab.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!