rsnapshot exclusion (and /etc/rsnapshot.conf)

• Hi,

In the raw rsnapshot, one can define specific exclusion and inclusion rules. How can/should we achieve this using the OMV plugin?

Beside, is /etc/rsnapshot.conf used at all when using the OMV plugin? If so, how? E.g do OMV settings override /etc/rsnapshot.conf ?

I'm using OMV 4.1.4-1 (and knows well debian).

Thank you for your help, and of course a big thank to all OMV contributors!

• Offizieller Beitrag

In the raw rsnapshot, one can define specific exclusion and inclusion rules. How can/should we achieve this using the OMV plugin?

Did you look at the "Rsync long arguments" and the link under it when creating a job?

is /etc/rsnapshot.conf used at all when using the OMV plugin?

No.

If so, how? E.g do OMV settings override /etc/rsnapshot.conf ?

This is not simple to explain. You can look at the code here. Why? I will warn you that editing config files controlled by OMV is a bad idea. Your changes will most likely be overwritten next time you change something in the web interface because OMV completely re-writes most config files.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thank you. I had a look in the meantime to the scripts, cron, etc. All clear. I would have wished to find something a little more user-friendly than the generic extra option box. Maybe something like two textboxes, one for include, the other to exclude.

Typically, temp folders, cache folders, compilations folders are good candidates for exclusion.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I guess it might make it slightly more user friendly but you are the first to ask for it. I use this plugin extensively and have never worried about a little bit extra being backed up.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!