Saving Plexmediaserver Data Base

• Hello guys,I currently have 2t of contents analyzed by the plexmediaserver. If I were forced to redo the installation of omv from the beginning, I wondered if there was a way to save all the metadata of the plexserver so as not to have to reconstitute with the correct association of all the elements (covers, plots, titles, etc etc).How to proceed correctly to have an easily restored back up of all this information?Thanks for attention

• If you were smart about where you placed the database to begin with, it would not be on the OMV system disk, but instead on a data disk. If so, then a reinstall of OMV would not have any effect on the database, you would just point Plex plugin in to its location when you reinstall OMV.

If your Plex database is currently on the OMV system disk, then you should move it to a data disk now, then upgrade or reinstall OMV. You can make this move via the Plex plugin at any time.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• ok ... the database volume is currently NASDisk [1.51 TiB (85%) used, 277.00 GiB available] which is basically the RAID5 of my data ... so it should already be in the data disk and not in the system disk OMV ... right?

Instead, the directory is / srv / dev-disk-by-label-NASDisk / plexmediaserver ...

So if I've understand, if I had to reinstall OMV and the same plugin Plexmediaserver, practically it would focus on that folder and read the same information?

Or the plugin by default create e new database and j must point to the old database?

• Reinstalling OMV and installing the Plex plugin does not automatically point the database to anything other than the default location which is not where you have it now. You will have to point it manually yourself.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Hi...j have another question...but if j change the disks to improve/change the raid, so my plex data base need to migrate from old raid to new one...how can j do this operation? If j try to backup the directory plexmediaserver everything seems impossible to do because need administration permission...but j enter as root!!!! What's the problem?

Sorry my english and the foolish question...but j'm beginner!

• As I said, you can use the OMV Plex plugin to specify the database location. The data will be moved to the new location. Be advised that depending on the size of the database, this can take a long time to complete, and the Plex server will not be available until the move is complete.

--

• In the end j do that...

j've inserted a new ssd in the nas where j moved the plexmediaserver directory...so if in the future j'll have problems with OMV disk or RAID, plexmediaserver will be always safe...

Then j've done a backup in external hard disk of the entire plexmediaserver directory...so j've a second line of Backup of all the disks of my nas:

OMV - img by clonezilla
    RAID - backup by usb backup periodically
    Plexmediaserver - backup manually

What do you think about?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!