Mirror OS drive

• How are you creating or editing the script file?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I found the answer.
    I create the file using notepad on my Windows computer. It seems that Linux doesn't like the file format. It seems that windows text documents have a \r\n line ending and Linux doesn't like the \r. In the future do you know what text editor I can use or what file format to save it in?

• On Linux you can use nano to create or edit files. It should also repair the line ends for you if you open the mangled file in the editor, scroll to the end of the file and save it.

On windows, wordpad might work.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I fixed the script. But the backup file was exceeding the size of the destination drive.
    My OS flash drive is 16gig, I am backing up to a 64gig Flash.
    I was monitoring the space of the destination drive in Storage / File System. I had to cancel the backup because the backup file size went beyond 57gig.

What went wrong.

• There is no way that creating a proper dd image of a 16GB drive will be larger than 16GB.

Are you sure you are using the correct source drive in your dd statement?

--

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!